We’ll help you sell your current property to ease the move into your new home
What is Assisted Move?
Buying a home is incredibly exciting, but it’s not always a quick or easy process – especially if you also need to sell your current property before you can move. We know that there’s already enough to think about without the added pressures of finding a buyer for your old property.
That’s why we’re here to make that process smoother, by taking on the job for you – removing some of the stress and costs that come with moving and letting you focus on the future in your new Legal & General Homes property.
Through Assisted Move, we work with independent estate agents to value your property, get it on the market and find you a buyer in 4 to 6 weeks. This ensures that you can secure the new home you want without delay, and you can relax in the knowledge that your fees are covered by Legal & General Homes.
How it works
- We’ll instruct three estate agents in your area to carry out a valuation of your current home, based on securing a sale within 4 to 6 weeks.
- Using these valuations we’ll agree a selling price with you, at which point we’ll hold your favoured Legal & General Homes property for you – you don’t need to sign or pay for anything at this stage.
- The estate agents will then be tasked with selling your home for this price, in the set time frame.
- You’ll get weekly progress reports, including feedback on viewings, so you can be sure it’s being marketed properly.
- Once a buyer has been found for your home, you can pay the reservation fee for your dream Legal & General Homes property.
- You’ll also get suggestions on which solicitors and mortgage advisers can help you exchange on your current home in the time required.
- When the big moment comes and you’ve completed on both homes, we’ll pay the estate agent fees.
You can find out more information about Assisted Move in our free downloadable document.