We’ll take the hassle out of moving home
Finding your dream home is extremely exciting, but with so many moving parts the process can feel stressful and complicated – especially if you need to sell your current property first. We want to try and make the whole thing as quick, easy and as stress-free as possible. With Part Exchange, you have a guaranteed buyer for your current property so you don’t have to worry about the chain falling through or another buyer holding up the process.
Because you’re selling directly to us, there are no estate agent fees and you won’t have the hassle of negotiating with buyers. We work with independent estate agents to value your property and ensure a fair market value for your home.
The beauty of Part Exchange is that you can stay in your current property until your new home is ready to move in to – removing the hassle of having to find temporary storage or accommodation. It simply allows you to secure your new home without unnecessary delays, so you can focus on the exciting bits about moving into your future Legal & General Homes property.
How it works
- We’ll instruct at least two estate agents to carry out an independent valuation of your current home. Comparable properties in your area will be considered and the valuation will be based on securing a sale within a set period of time.
- To be eligible for Part Exchange, the value of your existing home should be at least 30% less than your new Legal & General Homes property.
- Using these valuations, we’ll make you an offer for your home, which must include all carpets, curtains and light fittings.
- Legal & General Homes will pay for a survey to be carried out on your existing property. You will need to provide up to date electrical and gas certificates for your current home.
- Subject to a satisfactory survey, once you have accepted our offer, your new Legal & General Homes property can be reserved and the conveyancing process will commence.
- The estate agents will be appointed by us to sell your home and you will be required to accommodate viewings when necessary.
- We can suggest independent solicitors and mortgage advisers who specialise in new build homes and can help you exchange in the time required.
You can find out more information about Part Exchange in our free downloadable document.