We are a new type of developer borne out of a leading brand synonymous with honesty and trust. As such our customer charter sets out in straightforward terms the high level of service you can expect through the whole home buying process.
We, like you, know that standards vary enormously within the new homes market. Our intention is to bring these standards to a level that we think will impress you.
Our team is responsible for dealing with any questions or concerns you may have during your purchase. They have been trained to understand their responsibilities to you, the company’s main legal responsibilities to you, and the commitments made under our customer charter.
We will also supply you with contact details of a member of staff at Legal & General Homes in the event you are unhappy with the service you are receiving.
We will provide you with detailed pre-contract information to help you make an informed decision about buying a property.
- We will provide you with detailed information about your new home, including pricing information and any charges you will be responsible for.
- You will receive; a location and development plan, floor plans of the property (with approximate room sizes), details of what fixtures and fittings that will be included, and we will also let you know about any relevant choices and options you can consider.
- We will provide you with an electronic link to the Consumer Code for Home Builders.
- We will ensure that you have appointed a solicitor or conveyancer to deal with the legal formalities involved with buying a property and to represent your interests.
- We will give you a clear contract of sale terms and conditions.
- We will provide accurate information regarding your cancellation rights.
- We will give you information regarding your 10 year Home Warranty cover (NHBC, Premier or LABC) and any other guarantees and warranties from which you may benefit.
- We will make sure that any monies deposited with us are protected.
- We will keep you fully informed and updated with information on when we anticipate completion of your property. The date of legal completion will be agreed with you and fall within the notice period already agreed in the contract of sale.
- Our Customer Charter commitments do not affect your statutory rights.
- We will supply you with the name and telephone number of the staff members responsible for helping you at every stage of your purchase and answering any questions you may have.
- Our marketing and advertising material will be clear, comprehensive and truthful.
- At an agreed time, we will meet with you at the property to demonstrate how everything in your home works. Once you legally complete on the property, we will walk you through your new home, take meter readings with you and hand over the keys. We will make sure your home is ready for you to move in to.
- On completion, we will give you an information pack about your home containing health and safety information, product information, operating instructions, and an explanation of our after-sales procedure.
- We hope there will be no problems after you have moved in, however, we will provide you with a dedicated customer care team for your first two years to assist you.
- For your peace of mind, we will provide a 24 hour call out for the first two years for emergency repairs.
- For emergency repairs we will attend within 4 hours.
- We will arrange pre-agreed site visits for you to view your home. However, as building sites can be dangerous, we will accompany you and provide the necessary protective equipment.
- We will provide health and safety advice if you are visiting the development and if you are living on a development where construction work is continuing.
- If you are not satisfied with any part of the service you have received under our charter, you can contact our Sales & Marketing Director, Denise Stewart on 07734 450 203.
- We are committed to resolving any concerns you have within the time scales agreed. Therefore, we will co-operate with any professional advisors that you have appointed to help resolve disputes. We ask you to provide us with details of who will be representing you (including their qualifications) to ensure you are getting the best advice.
- Customer satisfaction is important to us. We welcome feedback from our customers at any point. In addition, we conduct independent surveys at various points through the buying process.